|/r/SpaceX has finally succumbed to inevitable fratricide…it will only end when moderators let Reddit be reddit by allowing participants to moderate comments through up/down voting. [Something positive did come from this nonsense: it precipitated creation of /r/SpaceXLounge.]
via retiringonmars: To anyone interested, here’s the timeline of events (times in BST / UTC+1):
- Aug-Sept – Several differences of opinion happen within the mod team, tensions fluctuate.
- 16 Sept – New internal procedure trial begins. Leads to a massive increase in workload.
- 27 Sept, 19:30-21:00 – Elon Musk hosts the talk “Making Life Multiplanetary” at IAC 2016.
- 27 Sept, 22:00 – Trialled procedure is disabled.
- 28 Sept, 04:30-05:00 – Tensions on the mod team reach a peak, and the worst of the argument happens.
- 28 Sept, 04:47 – Wetmelon leaves the mod team.
- 28 Sept, 20:00 – Echo leaves the mod discussion group.
- [interim period] – Things break, we realise it’s impossible to have a mod that isn’t available for discussion.
- 29 Sept 14:42 – Echologic is removed from the mod team.
- [interim period] – equally unworkable.
- 30 Sept 09:30 – TheBlacktom is seemingly the first to comment on what’s happened, here.
- 30 Sept 12:30 – interoth tries to make this topic a top-level post here.
- [interim period] – I remove interoth’s post but continue to answer questions, while frantically trying to alert the other mods, so that we can release this as a proper meta discussion.
- 30 Sept 15:30 – The shitstorm we’re in is officially revealed to the community.
Initially that comment had about 5-6 points, before discussing pussy….
Live links used in the graphic above:
LOL, badge of honor…can’t help but wonder what these people are like in person:
This shameful ridiculous waste of talent goes on and on…
Apparently this humorless moderation will continue in 2017: