/r/SpaceX has finally succumbed to long delayed well-warranted fratricide…it will only end when all moderators let Reddit reddit (by allowing participants to moderate comments themselves through up/down voting alone). Ridiculous waste of life.
via retiringonmars: To anyone interested, here’s the timeline of events (times in BST / UTC+1):
- Aug-Sept – Several differences of opinion happen within the mod team, tensions fluctuate.
- 16 Sept – New internal procedure trial begins. Leads to a massive increase in workload.
- 27 Sept, 19:30-21:00 – Elon Musk hosts the talk “Making Life Multiplanetary” at IAC 2016.
- 27 Sept, 22:00 – Trialled procedure is disabled.
- 28 Sept, 04:30-05:00 – Tensions on the mod team reach a peak, and the worst of the argument happens.
- 28 Sept, 04:47 – Wetmelon leaves the mod team.
- 28 Sept, 20:00 – Echo leaves the mod discussion group.
- [interim period] – Things break, we realise it’s impossible to have a mod that isn’t available for discussion.
- 29 Sept 14:42 – Echologic is removed from the mod team.
- [interim period] – equally unworkable.
- 30 Sept 09:30 – TheBlacktom is seemingly the first to comment on what’s happened, here.
- 30 Sept 12:30 – interoth tries to make this topic a top-level post here.
- [interim period] – I remove interoth’s post but continue to answer questions, while frantically trying to alert the other mods, so that we can release this as a proper meta discussion.
- 30 Sept 15:30 – The shitstorm we’re in is officially revealed to the community.
Initially that comment had about 5-6 points, before discussing pussy….
Live links used in the graphic above:
LOL, badge of honor…can’t help but wonder what these people are like in person:
This shameful ridiculous waste of talent goes on and on…
“Just before an historically successful spacecraft launch in 2012, SpaceX asked me to design
graphic prints to be used in science classrooms across America. Shown are the results followed
by early graphic explorations (because it’s all about exploration).”